Changes in Find-a-Drug software 1.30a
This document was last updated on 3 May 2005 9:00 (GMT).
A local copy is now used on networked nodes under Windows which starts the central copy once this node is
accessible (or times out after 15 minutes).
- The software can now run as a service.
New installations of the software are configured as a service (XP,200x) or a scheduled task (ME,98)
by default. When the software is already running, you must restart the PC to start the service.
- A scheduling option allows the software to run only at specified times during weekdays or weekends. This
could be used to avoid running the software during working hours.
- It is now possible to use proxy settings under Windows separately from Internet Explorer.
- The configuration data stored in fadsetup.dat and is not backwards compatible with isetup.dat.
- We believe we have fixed a problem which could lead to the configuration data being corrupted.
- When saving the configuration, the software now retries with alternative servers listed in cgi.lis before
reporting a failure.
- The status bar now reports the same information as the tool tip.
In mixed Linux/Windows installations, THINK no longer writes directly to the queue. Instead data is written
to a temporary file which server then reads and writes to the queue. This should avoid some obscure
Under certain circumstances such as a system failure, the results file and the progress file could be out of
synchronisation. When THINK restarts it now checks that the files are compatible and if not restarts from after
the last recorded hit. This should reduce or eliminate jobs being rejected because the results file is
Some internal and algorithmic changes have also been made.
Job queue server
The output from "Client Info" has been extended to include the CPU rating and CPU time (this requires KDFOLD=YES
to be present in think.env). This uses data from files named computer.tip which replace pcname.nnn previously
Under Linux, "file not found" messages no longer occur during initial startup of the software.
This upgrade should proceed automatically and take about 2 minutes.
||fadsetup.scr can crash THINK
Under Windows XP when FaDsetup is configured as the screensaver, it often causes THINK to crash
when it starts.
Under Linux there are no messages written to the screen during an upgrade (although there are to server.log and loader.log).
This can cause confusion.